Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I want bionic boobs

Not really. But a bionic, uh, head of hair would be great!

But seriously, Lindsey Wagner as The Bionic Woman was one of my idols growing up. (She was kinda like Marie Osmond, only with lighter hair and better tennis skills.) I loved that she was beautiful and athletic both. And smart.

I used to wear my hair much like Jamie Sommers' hair and I copied the way Lindsey ran one hand through it (her hair, not my hair),  in what I thought was a very cool, casually elegant gesture.



My favorite episode, which nearly made me pee my pants with fear, was "Doomsday is Tommorow." The Bionic Woman talks to a computer named ALEX 7000 who, in a very evil turn of events, tries to kill her with things like oxygen-eating foam. No, really--it's scary even today. Take a look at this clip. And how cute is her outfit, despite being in mortal danger while she tries to save the world from a doomsday device that will Kill Us All? It just wouldn't do to repair your bionic leg with an unattractive neckline!

I'm of two minds about the show as seen through adult eyes. The show sometimes is almost campy and scenery-chewy and at other times is genuinely interesting and well-done.

I've been waiting for The Bionic Woman on DVD for years. Now hulu.com has the first season available, which I've been enjoying. A lot. Hulu on my laptop is not quite the same as DVDs on my huge TV on a rainy Sunday while I'm drinking milkshakes and eating nachos, but Hulu will have to do until the DVD set is released, supposedly later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).