Friday, May 7, 2010

Climb the orange stairs for $25,000. Or some prunes.

My dad loved game shows. I'm not sure his brain ever stopped thinking and processing. Though my brain obviously didn't think at the same level as his, I loved watching game shows with Dad, especially the often-forgotten "Treasure Hunt" (technically "The New Treasure Hunt.")



I so wanted to walk up the orange stairs and grab a big brightly wrapped box to see whether I would get "clunked" (given a crappy prize) or else win $25,000, a trip to Hawaii, or even something weird and cool. I liked to think I had some sort of kid instinct that would lead me to a winning box, which I'd cleverly choose because it was the prettiest or the purplest or the smallest.

After a bit of "Let's Make A Deal" type stuff, the host, Geoff Edwards, would take forever to finally reveal what the contestant had won. Jeff offered tease after tease, fake after fake, leaving us all in a state of desperate wanting.

Watch this episode, filled with suspense, drama, and prunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).