Friday, April 30, 2010

The pie! That makes! Its own crust!

I bet you had a slice of Bisquick Impossible Pie in the 70s. I bet you liked it.

This isn't a food blog, but I'm a foodie. I'd like to share with you some of the good stuff from my childhood, which I bet a lot of you will remember.

Put down the Crisco-crusted, high-calorie quiche and try some Impossible Pie. It's easier and better for your waistline. Feel free to switch out the flavors and add-ins once you've learned the basic method. I've made this with broccoli, corn, red potatoes, and asparagus. There are even dessert versions available, though I haven't tried those.




Green Chile Cheese Impossible Pie

Preheat oven to 425. Spray 9- or 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.

2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chiles
1 1/2 cups grated cheese (cheddar or pepperjack)
1 1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick (tm)

Combine green chiles and cheese and spread on bottom of pie plate.

Beat remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie plate.

Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean (25-35 minutes).

Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).