Friday, April 9, 2010

Slippery summer shenanigans

I'm not sure you could have too much more fun during a Seattle summer than you could while playing on a Slip 'N Slide.  A very thin yellow plastic sheet with tiny sprays of water keeping it really too slippery than was wise combined with the hill in our front yard made for an excellent summer afternoon.

I used to slide tummy-first, like the first kid in this old 70s ad. I would often wake up the next morning with my tummy so sore that I could hardly move.

Check out how many cool new versions there are of the Slip 'N Slide today! In my day, we only had ONE kind of Slip 'N Slide. Sheesh.

In case you're thinking about adding dish soap or something to make it even slippery-er, don't. Trust me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).