Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not dear, but departed: Pepsi Light

I'm a hopeless Diet Coke addict, but remembering the taste of Pepsi Light makes me gag.

Remember how it had the lemony taste?  Who thought lemon was a good idea?

I believe this stuff was made with saccharin. I think Tab (yes, they still make Tab!) is the only soda I can think of that still uses saccharin, though now it seems to be a saccharin-aspartame blend.

Pepsi Light is available in a few other countries, but it no longer has the lemon or the saccharin and is basically Diet Pepsi with a different name.

Click below for an old Pepsi Light ad with Lauren Hutton, of all people. You'll remember the sky blue can.

Lauren Huton shills Pepsi Light

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was totally wanting a Pepsi Light until I noticed the huge cap between Lauren Hutton's teeth. I wonder when braces came out?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).