Monday, February 15, 2010

Scary thing for kids #2,465: Baby Secret

I was definitely a girly-girl, and I had plenty of dolls. If you’re one of those people who think dolls are evil, skip this post. I mean it. Save yourself the nightmares.

Here is my Baby Secret doll, very yellowed by age. When you pull her string, she says several different things to you, including, "I know a secret--do you?" and "Don't talk so loud."


Here is the video clip of the commercial for Baby Secret. It says 1966, so I’m not sure why I grew up with this doll, having been born in 1969. But I remember cuddling with her at night, back when the whisper sounded sweet and comforting. Really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1xtnnMr2c&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, her lips move too. And after 40 years in my parents' garage, her voice sounds like those voices of “ghosts” you hear on the Travel Channel’s “Ghost Adventurers.” Did I mention she's creepy as hell?

1 comment:

  1. Right now I'm rocking back and forth in the fetal position because of that doll. This doll clearly has issues and makes Chucky look like a saint.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).