Saturday, February 20, 2010

I have a Land of the Lost board game

Lots of websites talk about Land of the Lost, the unusually smart kids' TV series of the 70s. (NOT referring here to the unrelated, embarrassing, not-even-approximation-of-a-movie starring Will "The Last Funny Thing I Did Was the Cowbell Thing" Ferrell.) So I won't bury you in words here about how great the show was, but I will offer one fascinating factoid: the producers used college basketball players to play the Sleestak, including the great Bill Laimbeer. Bonus factoid: they had only three Sleestak suits, so they had to use creative filming and editing techniques to make the Sleestak scenes work. Maybe they spent all their budget on the pylons and the crystals instead.

My brother found this board game on eBay. He knew I would love it and I do. I'm not sure what the point of the game is, but the game itself is pretty rare and I'm lucky to have it. Pics below.





1 comment:

  1. Marshall, Will and Holly on a routine expedition? It all went horribly wrong.....What a show. I always watched it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).