Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dearly departed deliciousness: Jell-o Spoon Candy

One of life’s great tragedies is that there are foods (and food-like products) that we dearly loved that we will never, ever eat again. I am mildly obsessed with these discontinued foods, especially ones from my childhood.


I offer one such example from the 70s: Jell-o’s Spoon Candy. Not merely pudding, this just-add-milk dessert had this amazing chocolate topping that was extremely firm, almost hardening to the consistency of truffle filling and probably made of the terrible hydrogenated oils that we aren’t supposed to eat any more. And as such, it’s probably impossible to recreate the exact taste at home.



Does anyone remember any other flavors? I remember only the vanilla with the chocolate topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).