Saturday, February 6, 2010

In Search Of Pee-Your-Pajamas Terror


Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of: one of the coolest TV shows of the 70s--and the most terrifying. One episode asked the question, "Can you be scared to death?" I had nightmares for weeks after that episode. It seemed plausible to me--maybe even likely, that I could be scared. To. Death. And maybe the Sasquatch would eat me or Dracula in his castle would bite me or imprison me in the lost city of Atlantis or...or...

Watching the clips on youtube even today creeps me out. I don’t know what it is about this show that’s so scary. Nimoy’s voice? The writing? The production values? Or am I just remembering it with a kid's suggestibility? Click on the link below for the intro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4PGCQQ4Oc


2 comments:

  1. Great Job!!! I think it was this show that made me want to see Easter Island. I want this show back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little older than you but the show that terrified me was the episode of the "Twilight Zone" entitled "Earwig". I think it was Martin Landau who played the lead character who basically got a bug caught in his ear and the surprise ending scares me still if ever I think about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).