Sunday, July 11, 2010

That clown head: more Seattle summer fun

We've been having a rare heat wave in Seattle. Which reminded me of one of my favorite summer toys from the cool people at Wham-o: the Fun Fountain, which my mother called "That Clown Head."

Not as grand and glorious as the Slip N Slide, but pretty fun nonetheless, except when your little brother kept knocking the hat off so that all that remained of the fun was a stream of water shooting straight up while you stood there shivering in your bathing suit because like Mom said it was only 75 degrees and not really warm enough to run through the sprinkler and you wanted to go back inside and change after about 15 minutes so you could watch "Speed Racer."

Anyway, watch the commercial here. The kids in the commercial probably didn't live in Seattle, where it almost never hits 90 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Where I grew up only the cool kids got the Clown Head. We used the hose and sprayed each other and we liked it:) Don't get me started on the Slip and Slide. Growing up in the midwest where the ground is level, well, lets just say no slipping on slide on level surfaces. My poor ribs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).