Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Buying dolls at gas stations

Do they still sell collectible stuff at gas stations? I mean, beyond the constant new and exciting processed snack food products like Slim Jim Honey Jalapeno Cheddar Stixxs or Reese's Double Super White Nougat Caramel Peanut Fluffyballs.

I mean stuff like these dolls I excitedly collected in the mid-70s.  Each represented a nationality (Ireland, England, and Spain, above.) I can't find any info on these dolls online, so please let me know if you remember them or have some in your closet, too.

1 comment:

  1. No, they don't sell these or anything else charming at gas stations any more. These remind me of the satin and lace bed dolls I longed for. They were popular in the 50's but could still be found here and there in the 70's. They didn't have legs because they had a huge skirt which spread out, about the size of a trash can lid and they just sat on the bed looking pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).