Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My (almost) first cake: Stir'n Frost

In my evolution as a baker, sometime after saucer-sized, hockey puck-like Easy Bake Oven cakes came Betty Crocker Stir'n Frost Cakes. The cardboard-y pan, cake mix, and frosting all came in the box--you were even supposed to mix the cake batter in the pan (no need to dirty a bowl!) After the cake was done, you squeezed the frosting out of the foil packet. You didn't even need a knife to spread the sticky frosting--you just dragged the foil packet around the top of the cake.

Kid-sized, kit-ized, and sugar-ized. Anyone remember the other flavors? I remember only the chocolate.

And there's no truth to the rumor my hair looked exactly like that little girl's hair, or that I repeatedly combed it throughout the day so that it would flip back just like hers.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely remember this!!! Summers I spent with my grandparents....they indulged me by letting me bake these cakes. For some reason this memory crossed my mind. Brings back nice memories....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Betty Croker Snakin Cake came first.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).