Thursday, October 31, 2013

Judy Collins and the children will now trill for you

In case you doubt that the Internet is the greatest invention ever ever ever for realz, I found this song yesterday.

A fragment--a fragment, I tell you--of the lyric popped into my head. I Googled the fragment and . . .

Judy Collins and the Sesame Street kids were singing to me on the beach. She looks the perfect peasant hippie chick in this video---so cool that I can forgive her for mangling "Both Sides Now," which no one but Joni Mitchell should sing anyway.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what flashbacks....When I think of the 70's and lyrics dealing with children...I think back to 1970 when Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young summed it up with this lyric.

    "Teach your children well,
    Their father's hell did slowly go by,
    And feed them on your dreams,
    The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

    Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
    So just look at them and sigh and know they love you."


    I'm not sure of the rest of the lyrics but to me that song was an anthem to being a child of the 70s.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Comments are moderated (the lawyers make us say that).